Runnymede Law Complaints Procedure
As an organisation we take client feedback seriously and make every effort to ensure that we learn from clients who express dissatisfaction. Our complaints process is open and accessible in order to provide clients with the assurance that their concerns will be managed fairly and appropriately.
How to make a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint you may do so by speaking with the file handler who has conduct of your matter, or their supervisor. Alternatively you may direct your complaint to the Runnymede Law Compliance team by emailing
If you wish to put your complaint in writing, the postal address is: Compliance Department, Runnymede Law Exchequer Court, 33 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8AA.
Timeframes for investigating your complaint
We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days. Upon acknowledgement of your complaint we will also let you know who will be investigating your complaint.
We will aim to respond to your complaint within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will tell you when you can expect a substantive reply.
It may be that further information or clarification is needed before the investigation can get underway. If so, we will tell you.
When we reply to your complaint you will be told if the complaint has been upheld.
If your complaint is upheld, a remedy will be offered to you, which may include:
• An apology from the firm and an assurance that the mistake will not be repeated, and that we will attempt to do better in future. A plan of action will be set out saying how the matter will be put back on course;
• Payment of compensation; or
• A combination of the above.
We hope that after a full investigation and an explanation you will be satisfied that your complaint has been dealt with fairly.
If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint then you are entitled to contact the Legal Ombudsman.
Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must be made:
• Within 6 months of receiving a written response from us about your complaint; and
• Within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it).
The contact details for the Legal Ombudsman are as follows:
Office of the Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
Tel: 0300 555 0333
Solicitors Regulation Authority
Finally, the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) can help you if you are concerned that Runnymede Law has not complied with our regulatory obligations including the SRA Principles. The contact details for the SRA are as follows:
The Cube 199 Wharfside Street Birmingham B1 1RN
Tel: 0370 606 2555